This David Papkin page has info about Microsoft Azure AZ-500 course
Azure Front Door
Azure Key Vault
Azure Security Center
Azure lab setup procedure
1) Create NEW MICROSOFT email account (hotmail or outlook) email@example.com suggested password Pa55w.rd1234 where ddmmyy = starting date of your course and xxx = your initials at https://outlook.live.com/owa/
The new Microsoft account is needed for the Azure Pass used for the labs in this course. The use of any other account is not supported for this class. Appreciate your understanding.
2) Make a new folder C:\Labfiles using File Explorer
or from Powershell or Cmd prompt
Md C:\Labfiles (command line)
3) Download and extract into C:\Labfiles
4 ) Download and install Visual Studio Code Visual Studio Code
Make sure you are logged out of all other email accounts (except the new email account you have created) in ALL browsers before proceding to #5
5)Redeem Azure pass https://www.microsoftazurepass.com/
Lab information. Helpful links listed below to assist with any lab issues
To disable security defaults in your directory:
- Sign in to the Azure portal as a security administrator, Conditional Access administrator, or global administrator.
- Browse to Azure Active Directory > Properties.
- Select Manage security defaults.
- Set the Enable security defaults toggle to No.
- Select Save.
Log Analytics Agent doesnt connect. Stays in “Connecting “state
- Open PowerShell prompt as Administrator on the machine where Log Analytics Agent is installed.
- Navigate to the directory where the tool is located.
cd "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Troubleshooter"
- Execute the main script using this command:
- Select 1) Agent not reporting data or heatbeat data missing
- Select 3) Repair
- Answer Y when prompted
- Powershell Window will close
End of David Papkin page info about Microsoft AZ-500 course
Helpful Azure learning links
Microsoft Azure Forums The Azure forums are very active. You can search the threads for a
specific area of interest. You can also browse categories like Azure Storage, Pricing
and Billing, Azure Virtual Machines, and Azure Migrate.
Azure Architecture Center Gain access to the Azure Application Architecture Guide,
Azure Reference Architectures, and the Cloud Design Patterns.
Microsoft Learning Community Blog Get the latest information the certification
tests and exam study groups.
https://channel9.msdn.com/ Channel 9 provides a wealth of informational videos, shows, and
Azure Tuesdays With Corey Corey Sanders answers your questions about
Microsoft Azure – Virtual Machines, Web Sites, Mobile Services, Dev/Test etc.
Azure Fridays Join Scott Hanselman as he engages one-on-one with the engineers
who build the services that power Microsoft Azure as they demo capabilities,
answer Scott’s questions, and share their insights.
Microsoft Azure Blog Keep current on what’s happening in Azure, including what’s
now in preview, generally available, news & updates, and more.
End of David Papkin Microsoft Azure AZ-500 page.