THIS DAVID PAPKIN PAGE INFO PAGE MICROSOFT AZURE AZ-900 COURSE
Q & A
How to download billing invoice and daily usage data from your Azure subscription?
The data can be downloaded using the Azure Portal.
How to manage Azure classic resources from the command line?
Azure CLI 1.0 . It will continue to be the tool for managing Azure Service Management (ASM)–based (“classic”) resources—that is, commands accessed via azure config mode asm.
What things should be considered when migrating your virtual machines (VM) from on-premises to Azure?
Security, Compatibility, Cost, Price.
Can virtual machines be moved to a different region or vnet?
Although possible, not all resources might be able to moved.
Better to take a snapshot of the disks and use to create VM in new region/vnet.
What Azure role is needed for a user to fully manage all objects in Azure , including access?
How does an Azure Webapp and a IaaS Vm with Web Server role differ?
Azure Webapp is a PaaS , which is fully managed by Azure. All HA and patching are done by Azure.
IaaS VM is managed by the customer, all patching, security, HA needs to be managed by the customer.
What are some cloud computing advantages?
There are several advantages that a cloud environment has over a physical environment that Tailwind Traders can use following its migration to Azure.
- High availability: Depending on the service-level agreement (SLA) that you choose, your cloud-based apps can provide a continuous user experience with no apparent downtime, even when things go wrong.
- Scalability: Apps in the cloud can scale vertically and horizontally:
- Scale vertically to increase compute capacity by adding RAM or CPUs to a virtual machine.
- Scaling horizontally increases compute capacity by adding instances of resources, such as adding VMs to the configuration.
- Elasticity: You can configure cloud-based apps to take advantage of autoscaling, so your apps always have the resources they need.
- Agility: Deploy and configure cloud-based resources quickly as your app requirements change.
- Geo-distribution: You can deploy apps and data to regional datacenters around the globe, thereby ensuring that your customers always have the best performance in their region.
- Disaster recovery: By taking advantage of cloud-based backup services, data replication, and geo-distribution, you can deploy your apps with the confidence that comes from knowing that your data is safe in the event of disaster.
What are the differences between Capital Expenses (CapEx) and Operational Expenses (OpEx)
Capital expenses vs. operating expenses
There are two different types of expenses that you should consider:
- Capital Expenditure (CapEx) is the up-front spending of money on physical infrastructure, and then deducting that up-front expense over time. The up-front cost from CapEx has a value that reduces over time.
- Operational Expenditure (OpEx) is spending money on services or products now, and being billed for them now. You can deduct this expense in the same year you spend it. There is no up-front cost, as you pay for a service or product as you use it.
Azure 900 Labfiles
Azure lab setup procedure
DO NOT use your corporate email address for this subscription!!!!!!
STRONGLY suggested to use INPRIVATE BROWSER
1) Create NEW Microsoft email account at https://outlook.live.com/owa/ in the following format:
email@example.com suggested password Pa55w.rd1234 where ddmmyy = starting date of your course and xxx = your initials
When filling in Email account details, Please use FULL name , NOT just initials and COMPLETE ADDRESS with Postal Code.
The new Microsoft account is needed for the Azure Pass used for the labs in this course. The use of any other account is not supported for this class. Appreciate your understanding.
Make sure you are logged out of all other email accounts (except the new email account you have created) in ALL browsers before proceeding to #2. This will prevent any issues that may occur due to Microsoft DDOS protection.
2)Redeem Azure pass
Open an in-private browser and navigate to www.microsoftazurepass.com,
Use your newly created Microsoft Email address
If you are asked during the Redemption process You MUST fill in the same Surname and Given name completely , do NOT use initials only. Also use a valid COMPLETE mailing address and phone number. The mailing address will be validated. This will prevent any issues that may occur due to Microsoft DDOS protection.
Helpful Azure learning links
Microsoft Learn – https://learn.microsoft.com/en-gb/certifications/exams/az-900
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn – Learn new skills and discover the power of Microsoft products with step-by-step guidance. Start your journey today by exploring our learning paths and modules.
Microsoft Azure Forums The Azure forums are very active. You can search the threads for a
specific area of interest. You can also browse categories like Azure Storage, Pricing
and Billing, Azure Virtual Machines, and Azure Migrate.
Azure Architecture Center Gain access to the Azure Application Architecture Guide,
Azure Reference Architectures, and the Cloud Design Patterns.
Microsoft Learning Community Blog Get the latest information the certification
tests and exam study groups.
https://channel9.msdn.com/ Channel 9 provides a wealth of informational videos, shows, and
Azure Tuesdays With Corey Corey Sanders answers your questions about
Microsoft Azure – Virtual Machines, Web Sites, Mobile Services, Dev/Test etc.
Azure Fridays Join Scott Hanselman as he engages one-on-one with the engineers
who build the services that power Microsoft Azure as they demo capabilities,
answer Scott’s questions, and share their insights.
Microsoft Azure Blog Keep current on what’s happening in Azure, including what’s
now in preview, generally available, news & updates, and more.
End of David Papkin Microsoft Azure page.
David Papkin favorite movies